Saturday, July 14, 2012

Cameron's Lobster House, Brunswick, Maine




I wasn't joking when I said I was going to eat lobster at every meal. Once again, Yelp helped me by finding Cameron's Lobster House. On Yelp, it goes by its old name, Morse Lobster Shack.

Cameron's was near our hotel and easy to find. It was a real drive-in where you park and turn on your lights on for service. There was also a deck with tables and an indoor dining room. We ate inside. 



At 10 AM they still had their breakfast menu out, but the lady was very willing to have the cook make me a lobster roll. When he heard what I was asking for, one of the regulars said, "She wants lobster?!"

Marc was more conventional and ordered a scramble. The lobster roll was on the small side, but the meat was fresh and there wasn't too much mayonnaise on it. I loved the contrast between the cold lobster meat and the warm, toasty bun.  It came with a bag of Utz potato chips and some fruit. I didn't eat the chips (it was 10 o'clock in the morning!), but I ate the fruit. The people were very nice and the food was good. Cash only.

No comments: